I. Choose the word that has the underlined parts pronounced differently from the others.
II. Choose the correct word to complete the sentence.
6. You must________the lesson carefully before your test.
A. learn B. to learn C. learning D. learns
7. Hoa is old enough ________a car.
A. drive B. drove C. to drive D. driving
8. We mustn’t let children________in the kitchen.
A. to play B. play C. played D. plays
9. Mai ________to visit me next week.
A. is going B. going to C. is going to D. are going to
10. Bell and Watson ________the telephone in 1877.
A. introduce B. introduces C. introduced D. to introduce
11. Bao spends his free time doing volunteer work at a local ________
A. orphanage B. volunteer C. hospital D. school
12. ________is your new English teacher like? - She’s very kind.
A. How B. Who C. What D. Which
13. I like Nam’s sense of humor. His jokes always make us laugh ________.
A. happy B. unhappy C. happily D. unhappily
14. Children ________play with matches. It only takes one match to cause a fire.
A. shouldn’t B. mustn’t C. don’t have to D. don’t
15. - Hoa: I can’t reach that apple. - Lan: Don’t worry. I ________you.
A. help B. will help C. am going to help D. helped
16. I think our English is good. ________ join our English Speaking Club.
A. Why don’t we B. Shall we C. Let’s D. Can we
17. Putting a knife ________an electrical socket is dangerous.
A. to B. into C. at D. in
18. ________ does Miss Hoa want to be a teacher? -Because she loves children.
A.What B. Who C. What D. Why
19. Who repaired the bicycle for you? - Nobody. I repaired it________
A. itself B. myself C. yourself D. himself
20. I and Thu can look after ________.
A. herself B. myself C. ourselves D. themselves
III. Put the verbs in the right tense or form.
21. We usually (go) .............................. to the library three times a week.
22. Nga and Hoa (see) .............................. a movie tonight.
23. Sue can (speak) .............................. Vietnamese very well.
24. I often (go) .............................. to school six days a week.
25. Last week, I (write) .............................. a letter to him.
IV. Choose the correct option (A, B, C or D) that best fits each space in the following passage.
A customer telephoned the Thanh Cong Delivery Service (26) ________ June 16th just after midday. The customer’s (27) ________ was Mr. Nam, (28) ________ he wanted to (29) ________ to Mrs. Van. Mrs. Van was at a (30) ________ and could not come to the phone. So Mr. Toan (31) ________ a message. Mr. Nam called (32) ________ his stationery order. He said Mrs. Van could reach him (33) ________ 8634082.
26. A. at B. from C. on D. in
27. A. address B. name C. phone D. friend
28. A. and B. but C. so D. when
29. A. call B. tell C. say D. speak
30. A. family B. office C. meeting D. moment
31. A. gave B. took C. left D. sent
32. A. for B. to C. about D. in
33. A. with B. in C. by D. at
V. Listen to a man talking about the Kinh ethnic group in Vietnam. Decide if the statements below are true (T) or false (F). (audio unit3)
34. The Kinh‘s population occupies more than 4/5 of Vietnam‘s population. ..............
35. The Kinh people only live within Vietnam. ..............
36. People living in different villages may follow the similar rules. ..............
37. On occasion of communal events, people gather in one same place. ..............
38. Ancient Kinh people just smoked water pipes and didn‘t smoke cigarettes. ..............
VI. Rewrite the sentences as directed.
39. They plan to collect used paper and send them for recycling. (Use ‘be going to’)
They are __________________________________
40. He is short. He can’t stick the picture above the window.(Combine sentences using “enough”)
Lời giải chi tiết
Question 1. C
Question 20. C
Question 2. A
Question 21. go
Question 3. D
Question 22. is going to see
Question 4. A
Question 23. speak
Question 5. D
Question 24. go
Question 6. A
Question 25. wrote
Question 7. C
Question 26. C
Question 8. B
Question 27. B
Question 9. C
Question 28. A
Question 10. C
Question 29. D
Question 11. A
Question 30. C
Question 12. C
Question 31. B
Question 13. C
Question 32. C
Question 14. A
Question 33. D
Question 15. B
Question 34. T
Question 16. C
Question 35. F
Question 17. B
Question 36. T
Question 18. D
Question 37. T
Question 19. B
Question 38. F
Question 39. They are going to collect used paper and send them for recycling.
Question 40. He isn’t tall enough to stick the picture above the window.