Đề số 2 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới>>>>> Tải về ↓
Đáp án và lời giải chi tiết Đề số 2 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
Tổng hợp đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 8 tất cả các môn
Toán - Văn - Anh - Lí - Hóa - Sinh - Sử - Địa - GDCD
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. affect B. cholera C. aquatic D. dramatic
2. A. debate B. excursion C. schedule D. prevent
3. A. bury B. erupt C. country D. puzzle
II. Choose the word with different stress from the others in each question.
4. A. permanent B. illustrate C. groundwater D. official
5. A. diverse B. freedom C. garment D. native
6. A. accurate B. Thanksgiving C. waterfall D. absolute
III. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences
7. If the air wasn’t dirty, I ________________ so much.
A. wouldn’t sneeze B. sneeze C. would sneeze D. to sneeze
8. If people travel to work by bus, there______________fewer car fumes.
A. is B. are C. will be D. won’t be
9. It can’t be denied that English has become an __________ language of the world.
A. national B. international C. cultural D. multicultural
10. The train __________ the railway station at 8:00 a.m. every morning.
A. leave B. leaving C. will leave D. leaves
11. Since 1965, the maple tree with red leaves _________ the most well-known Canadian symbol.
A. has become B. become C. became D. becoming
12. Canada is made up _________ 10 provinces and 6 territories
A. on B. of C. by D. with
13. After the tornado, a great number of people are made __________.
A. shaking B. homeless C. raging D. volcanic
14. Up to now, the number of __________ is still an estimate.
A. victims B. rescuers C. trapers D. homeless
15. Pollutions are harmful __________ human health.
A. with B. at C. to D. on
16. My little sister is afraid of __________, so when there is a bad storm she always hides.
A. lightening B. collapsing C. shaking D. scattering
IV. Give the correct form of the words given to complete the sentences.
17. The country’s________ resources include forests, coal and oil. (nature)
18. There are many cultural_________between his country and mine. (differ)
19. Farmers collect ____________ and garden waste to make compost. (house)
V. Complete the passage with the given words
Environmental pollution is a term that (20)______ to all the ways by which man pollutes his surroundings. Man dirties the air with exhaust gases and smoke, poisons the water with chemicals and (21)_____ substances, and damages the soil with too many fertilizers and pesticides. Man also pollutes his surroundings (22)_____ various other ways. For example, people ruin natural beauty by leaving junk and litter on the land and in the water.
Environmental pollution is one of the most serious problems facing mankind today. Air, water and soil are necessary to the (23)_______of all living things. Badly polluted air can cause illness, and (24)__________death. Polluted water kills fish and other marine life. Pollution of soil reduces the amount of land that is available for (25)_________food. Environmental pollution also ugliness to man’s natural beautiful world.
20. A. means B. refers C. provides D. reduces
21. A. another B. other C. others D. the other
22. A. on B. in C. by D. with
23. A. survival B. environment C. development D. growth
24. A. so B. ever C. too D. even
25. A. grow B. grew C. growing D. grown
VI. Read the film review, and decide whether the statements are True or False.
Did you ever see the movie The Wizard of Oz? A tornado sweeps up Dorothy and Toto, sending them to a new world where there are witches and talking lions! That entire story is fiction, but tornadoes are real and they are serious business. In fact, they can be the most dangerous storms of all.
Tornadoes are sometimes referred to as twisters or cyclones. They are shaped like a cylinder. They are born in thunderclouds. The winds inside a tornado swirl around and around and can be more than 300 miles per hour (mph). The winds are so strong that tornadoes can lift animals, cars and even houses.
The United States has more tornadoes than any other country in the world. State such as Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska are hit hard by tornadoes. This part of the country is known as “Tornado Alley”. Tornado season is during the springtime and summer. If the conditions are right, a tornado can happen any time of year.
26. Tornadoes are sometimes referred to as twisters or cyclones.
27. They are formed in thunderclouds.
28. The winds inside a tornado can be more than 500 miles per hour (mph).
29. The winds are not strong enough for tornadoes to lift animals, cars and even horses.
30. Tornado season is during the springtime and summer.
VII. Write the sentences with the same meaning to the first ones. Use words given.
31. Many people speak English in the world.
32. People get more diseases. The water is contaminated.
33. David went home before we arrived.
34. This is the first time I have had such a delicious meal.
=> I have never......................................................................
HƯỚNG DẪN GIẢI
Thực hiện: Ban chuyên môn Loigiaihay.com
31. is spoken in the world
32. the water wasn’t/ weren’t contaminated, people wouldn’t get more diseases
33. David had gone home, we arrived
34. had such a delicious meal before
- Đề số 3 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
- Đề số 4 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
- Đề số 5 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
- Tổng hợp 5 đề thi giữa học kì 2 Tiếng Anh 8 mới có đáp án
- Đề số 1 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
>> Xem thêm