I. Listen and complete the table with ONE suitable word or number.
(1) ______ percent of the country's major cities linked to the network.
reduce 60% number of (2) ______, 80% of emissions and 90% of road (3) _______
there are (4) _______ cars, passenger drones and helicopter hybrids
Robotaxis are (5) _______.
II. Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
6.A. density B. list C. reason D. countryside
7.A. traffic B. same C. crash D. jam
8.A. decidedB. playedC. listenedD. enjoyed
III. Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others.
9.A. malnutrition B. supersonic C. underwater D. intelligent
10.A. homeless B. describe C. skyscraper D. violence
11.A. another B. plentiful C. dangerous D. limited
IV. Choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D).
12. By the middle of the 21st century, people in developing countries __________ more renewable energy.
A. uses B. will be using C. used D. have used
13. We should use _________ light bulbs in our homes.
A. low energy B. little energy C. a bit energy D. energy-efficient
14. Various ________ and cultural activities are held in Da Lat in the Flower Festival.
A. art B. artistic C. artist D. arts
15. We didn’t find it funny _________ it was a comedy.
A. but B. although C. despite D. in spite of
16. We should __________ the street at the zebra crossing.
A. walk B. walk through C. walk on D. walk across
17. Yesterday Rick and Peter ________ round West Lake. It took them an hour.
A. cycle B. cycles C. cycling D. cycled
18. Mr. Bean’s Holiday is a __________ film – I was laughing from beginning to the end.
A. moving B. hilarious C. violent D. scary
19. A hydropower station ___________ in the North of the country next year.
A. was built B. were built C. will be built D. has been built
20. No one will reveal my secrets, ____________?
A. don’t they B. won’t they C. will they D. will it
V. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the word in the brackets.
21. There have been various __________ shows on TV recently. (entertain)
22. The Chinese New Year marks the ______ of spring and the start of the Lunar New Year. (begin)
23. I found my keys. Have you found _______? (you)
24. We have ________ work to do in the afternoon than in the morning. (little)
25. The most popular _________ at recess is talking. (act)
VI. Read and choose the correct answer to complete the passage below.
When I was a kid, my parents (26) ________ take me to the movie theater. When I went there for the first time, I was amazed how big the screen was. The sound system was awesome too. (27) ________ I didn’t remember the exact name of the first movie I watched in the cinema, I remembered that it was a cartoon. During the whole movie, everyone laughed a lot at the (28) ________ characters. However, the last scene was so (29) ________ that I almost cried. (30) ________ I grow up, I often go to the cinema with my friends to get relaxed after hard working hours.
26A. didn’t B. was C. used to D. were
27.A. However B. Although C. Despite D. But
28.A. entertain B. entertaining C. entertained D. entertains
29.A. move B. moving C. moved D. moves
30.A. When B. Where C. What D. How
VII. Read the passage and decide if the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
Population density refers to the average number of individuals living per square kilometer or square mile. The world’s total area is approximately 197,000,000 sq miles, and the Earth’s population is about 7.5 billion. This means that the population density of the world is around 38 people per sq mile or 14.7 individuals per sq kilometer. The population density of cities around the world varies greatly. The most densely populated city in the world is Manila in the Philippines, where 41,515 people live in each square kilometer.
Manila is the earth’s most densely populated city and the capital city of the Philippines. Manila has about 1,780,148 residents. The city has a population density of about 41,515 people per square kilometer. It is the first chartered city in the country that gained autonomy on June 18, 1949. Miguel Legazpi founded the city of Manila on June 24, 1571. Manila is the most populous city in the Philippines and the most populated ones in Southeast Asia.
Question 31. Population density is the largest number of individuals living per square kilometer or square mile. ______
Question 32. Cities around the world have the population density which varies greatly. ______
Question 33. Although Manila is the capital city of the Philippines, it is not the earth’s most densely populated city. ______
Question 34. Manila is the first chartered city in the country that gained autonomy in 1949. ______
Question 35. Manila is the most populated city in Southeast Asia. ______
VIII. Make meaningful sentences using the given words.